Maintenance and Operator Training
Product maintenance programs offered by manufacturers are often costly and can require lengthy contracts. Why pay higher maintenance costs when you can effectively do it yourself for less money? Whether you decide to completely self-maintain or take part in a shared maintenance program, Simprint provides unbeatable expertise and flexibility that ensures cost-cutting results.
Here’s how it works:
A formal assessment begins the process. The information provided in this initial meeting is instrumental in custom designing a service solution that meets your needs and maintains quality. From there, a basic strategy is outlined and annual cost-savings are projected.
After the appropriate information is gathered Simprint will provide you with an outline which includes:
- A training schedule that covers the service requirements your technician(s) will require to service your POD equipment if you decide to transition into self-service program. Included in the training will be detailed hands-on equipment sessions, complete service and operation manuals, and classroom time that helps capture the theory of operations.
- Access to a technical support hotline that will allow your employees to access our skilled professionals in an emergency
- A suggested list of printer and pre/post parts and consumables that are considered “high turn” items.
- Parts and consumable options including a core exchange discount on parts, and other items that meet your specific requirements.
- Personalized and password protected Web access that enables you to order what you need when you need it.
- An option to buy parts on consignment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much money can I save by self-maintaining?
On average, our customers who completely self-maintain save about 40% in overall maintenance costs
2. What is the difference between “self maintenance” and “shared maintenance?”
Just like the words imply, “self maintenance” is when a customer decides to completely maintain their own equipment. A “shared maintenance” program is just what it sounds like – Simprint shares the maintenance with the customer. A shared maintenance program is completely customizable and offers customers a choice of what they feel comfortable maintaining themselves and what they want to outsource. Besides flexibility, high quality and lower cost make both types of programs desirable to customers.
3. What is my inventory start-up cost?
Depending on the type of equipment you have, your inventory parts and consumable costs will vary. However, a good rule of thumb is to expect to pay about 1/3 of your current monthly maintenance cost.
4. Will there be any other costs incurred during this transition?
Training is essential when transitioning to self-maintenance. Prices vary based on the type of training needed. Simprint works with each company individually to put together a training program that cost-effective and makes the most sense.
5. Is Simprint’s pricing on parts and consumables competitive with the manufacturer?
You will find that both parts and consumables on the production printers Simprint supports are generally 50% less than the OEM price while the quality is equal to the OEM original.
6. What about the cost of toner or developer?
Simprint’s pricing is extremely competitive. Our prices are often 20% lower than OEM compatible products.
7. What is the process for Simprint’s Core Exchange Program?
- The customer contacts Simprint letting them know what item needs to be exchanged.
- Simprint ships a remanufactured, working item to the customer within (time frame?)
- In that shipment, Simprint provides an RMS number to track the CORE exchange.
- The customer sends the old item for the exchange to Simprint within 2 weeks of receiving the new item.
8. Please explain parts availability and accessibility.
When starting a self-maintenance program in tandem with Simprint, the Parts Department will provide you with a suggested list of printer and pre/post parts and consumables that are needed most frequently. These parts and consumables are available at Simprint for easy ordering, or may be kept at the customer site through consignment. Through consignment, parts and consumables are only invoiced when it is actually used.
9. Do I need to purchase any parts in advance of self maintenance?
Our Parts Department will provide you with a list of printer or pre/post equipment parts you'll need on hand, in order to avoid any downtime that could come during production. The parts will be discounted to decrease your startup self maintenance costs.
10. What is my turn-around time for board repairs?
A 24-hour turnaround time can be expected for logic boards, power supplies and power relay boards.
Stay in the know!
Sign up for emails to receive product and service updates, as well as exclusive offers and discounts.